Thursday, September 2, 2010

Work or faith?

Can I be good enough to work my way to Heaven? Is it enough to be kind to my neighbor, not to steal, not to lie, not to take the Lord's name in vain....on and on goes the list. Just think, if I say, "I don't tell lies." Wow! Can I really, truly say that and not tell a lie? I think if each of us thinks through one day we would have to admit we do not tell the absolute truth every minute of the day. Think about everything you say!

What does God say about getting to Heaven? After all, isn't Heaven His? For that matter, the earth and all that we use are His! Can I go to your home and decide how I'm going to go in? What I'm going to do once I'm in there? How I'm going to treat you? Would you accept if once I am there, I act as if you cannot tell me what I can do in your home and how I can treat all that's in your home?

Again, we have to read God's Word to know what God's thoughts are on the matter.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Ephesians 2:8,9

In Revelation 21, the theme is the Holy city (vs.2), the New Jerusalem which is when Time is over. It is the eternal state of things. The last verse says.
Rev 21:27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.


"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
Acts 16:31

You know what? I know I am not eloquent and almost anyone can write better than me. I know that there will be grammatical mistakes in every post I write. Put that aside and listen to God's Word. Read it! Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to show you the way. My words are so weak. He is the only One who can save our souls from Hell. He is kind and loving and did all He could to save mankind. He gave His life to pay the debt of sin that was ours. It's been 34 years since I've trusted Christ as my Saviour and though there have been bad days, I have NEVER regretted that decision. He is my strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment